Interview: Interior designer
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice that good Feng shui can help create balance and positive energy within lived environments and truly assist planners and interior designers by helping build a positive house which are most appealing to customers. Moreover, the basic principles of these ancient Chinese techniques can be used to promote mental health and wellbeing. So, it's undeniable that Feng Shui masters and interior designers are always involved in the process of work.
On the other hand, when a "Feng Shui master", an expert in the science of fortune, and a " Designer" who specializes in creating art&desing have to co-operate, there may be a conflict of practice process between Feng Shui master and interior designer with there is "the owner" as the intermediary in coordinating.
The science of Belief vs the science of the Arts
"Is it true or not"....So I have to interview interior designers to find the answer of this problem.
Interview Interior designer
I start interviews with an expert interior designer, K.Kan, a Co-founder of the interior design company; Paradigm Shift.
1. Usually, do you work with Feng Shui Master? Do you have any conflict between you and Feng Shui Master? If you have, what is that?
Most of the time, interior designers often work with Feng Shui Master to guidelines on planning, using colour and decorations to promote good Feng Shui in the owner's home. Usually, if there is a discussion at the beginning of the process, it might make work more smoothly. Mostly because of the owner's lack of knowledge about the work process, they inserted the practice of Feng Shui in the middle of the design process. As the result, that contributed to conflict between interior design and Feng Shui masters. Moreover, some principles of Feng Shui is a limitation of creativity. For example, it must be planed only this way, this colour must be used in this area and this space must be used only for material. Due to Feng Shui master has a lack of understanding aesthetic of design.
2. In your opinion, do you think the best way to reduce the conflict gap between an interior designer and Feng Shui masters?
Importantly, each person should know the process of the workflow of each other, it may be coordinated and run.
3. Is there any conflict caused by the customer? What is it?
Most customers are unaware of the workflow of both Feng Shui practice and the interior design process.
4. If there is a service platform to provide knowledge of Feng Shui practice, what is the essential information customers should know before decorating their house?
If the customer uses Feng Shui practices as the guideline for decorating their home, they should know the basics of Feng Shui principles and their element(5 elements; Wood, Earth, Fire, Water, and Metal) which are related to their date of birth.
5. Is there any way to compromise between an interior designer and Feng Shui master?
- Conversation between the process of work. - Understanding of the process of work of each party.
6. Do customers choose who to believe more, between an interior designer and a Feng Shui master? Why?
In my experience, most customers will choose the logic of aesthetic design rather than some intangible traditional practice.
Reflection of Interviews
Feng Shui masters and Designers need to converse before starting to design process.
Lack of knowledge and understanding of the process of workflow and principles of each party.
Most of the problems are often caused by having the “Owner” as an intermediary in the communication of both parties.
"Roll my log, and i will roll yours"
"Feng Shui Master and Designer should have to depend on each other."